July 23, 2007

MUCH ado aboutNOTHING

Behold, the object which causes the latest great sensation of the whole world.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The book which retailers such as Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, and Borders reported that more orders had been placed for this book than for any other in history. The book which had its fans standing in the rain for days waiting for its release. The book which has the fans having a petition begging the author not to kill off Harry Potter, which is a great fuss over nothing anyway, in spite of J.K Rowling's threats.

The book-which many spend a lot for-with the whole plot written in Wikipedia. Erm...LOL!!

I know it's mean to laugh at others, and double mean because I read the series too, but I can't help Laughing Out Loud for real. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the book (I admit I'm curious about the finale for this series too) and its fans, but I must say, I don't think that a book which many will say 'rubbish the size of a dictionary', is worth so much effort and fuss.

Especially the petition begging Harry not to be killed. My 1st reaction to hear this when Kevin told me this is " What the Flower?! " ( No need for the use of the 'exact' word. It's understood. ) A sensible author, which I believe J.K Rowling is, will not pay much attention to that. A sensible author wrote her thoughts, the readers read and decide to like it or hate it. Not letting the readers decide what she writes. So what's the point of all these thingy if she's unlikely to listen to you anyway? If she decides to kill off Harry Potter, so be it, people! If you love the book, love everything it is.Not expect it to turn into what you like.

And what's with the crying that the Harry Potter series is over? Hell. That's too much. If someone cries because the series is over, what will he or she do if one day all Harry Potter books were destroyed? Seriously!

I know the book's good. I enjoy reading it. But it's not good enough for me to stand in the rain and wait, beg for the characters so that they won't be kill, or cry because the series is over. That's too much of a fuss over a book. If you ask me, yes, I think people who did that are nutcases. Not because of their love for the book, but their mindless obsession.

Seriously, ask yourself. You get the book. You rush through the pages and gets the thrill. Your eyes water, you feel like sleeping with the book smack dab over your face. But still you push on. Then you flip over the last page and read the ending. You close the book and sigh, " Wow. That's a hell of a book. " You sleep at last, your soul at peace finally. Here's the question : how many more times will you read it all over again?

Much ado about nothing.

The world's getting crazier and crazier now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...